Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GREAT post re: Trigger Control

abcxyz

I'm new to shooting and I've been trying to read a lot, there's so much to know.  Anyway, before I go to the range, I try and read some messages/tips and try to apply it when I go.  Today before I went, I read this post from an earlier topic on Trigger Control, it was posted by Brian I think...

"Try this. Hold your unloaded gun in position, take out the take-up in the trigger, now imagine a spot exactly opposite of where your trigger finger is, on the web of your shooting hand (between the thumb and index finger). Now without thinking about pulling the trigger, just "increase the pressure" between those two points. When you do it "right," it's weird, but cool."

Prior to today, my shooting has not been that consistent, my hands have always been very steady, and when I watch the front sight, it doesn't move much when I dry fire.  But when I go shooting, the group distance isn't too bad, all the shots will be around the same area, but not too many shots directly side by side.  Today, thinking about this post that I read on Trigger Control, I did significantly better, with many shots side by side and the groups much tighter.  I was pretty surprised, I sure the heck hope it wasn't just a "lucky day"  and that applying this 'technique' in Brian's post is something that I've been missing from my shooting and have now found!  Well, I guess I'll find out next week.  

Thanks for the great post.  Hope I can improve next week, or even do as I did today would be cool with me!  

• 2 weeks later...