Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do Berry's Bullets compare to Rainier and other plated bullets

JJP161

Same here I used to reload a lot of plated bullets until I found Bayou Bullets and I haven't looked back.

There is no lead fouling and they are clean. Also a green bullet looks really cool.

I have to agree. Save your money and by coated, BBI, Blue Bullets, Bayou, Falcon, etc.. They shoot just as accurate as copper plated for less $$$. At least for me anyway.

I have only used a couple hundred or so from Berry's and maybe 1000 or so Rainiers (I could get these locally) and I couldn't really tell the difference. I tried Xtreme's about 2 years ago and haven't gone back to Berrys or Rainiers.

I ordered some bullets from Bayou to try out. From what I've read here, people have had good luck with the stock Glock barrels.

• 5 years later...

Posting my review on Berry's 9mm 124gr . .Look like FMJ, called plated.. I tried a coated lead RN. Coated w/what? Paint? Poly?..It peels&flakes.Leaving lead exposure... The Brand X : Has a stout fat nose. Chambers fine in a Glock and *plunks" out. ( Free fall drop out) But does not with my tight chamber 1911 9mn 4.25" bbl (aka: cmdr when a genuine colt)..But Berry's has the rocket cone tapered nose. Appears to be the world class good stuff.And performs like premium factory ammo. Gives you a 1st class product. No lead hazard exposure ..I don't know what pros will say but I resize my bullets to .054..After mic'ing factory ammo, it seemed more to spec..Plus less expansion on case mouth.Just do a minute (my noot ) flare to pre-guide the bullet into the case..I need Berry's to satisfy my 1911 9mm Commander copy cat..For the curious: It is claimed to be a used Remington bbl. In a Stealth Arms 80% frame..Is Clark/Para ramp. Old school bushing bbl. 9 Rd mecgar Mag..It hates flat nose ammo ..And short ammo (bullet seated too short/deep in)..Will eject doubles in the p80-g26 & the 1911..The Berry's normal rocket cone nose allows more OAL in the chamber..Ammo too long will wreak havoc in the magazine. Invest in digital calipers & a powder scale..Thanks & Be safe !