Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Request for Manufacture: Frame mounted weight

d_striker

It would be pretty cool to have a rail mounted weight for the 5.25. Something that just made it look like a full length dust cover. What say you SP, CC, PRP? Ever think about doing one? I'd pay about $100-$200 for something that looked good and added about 5oz.

Edited by d_striker

The dust cover moves quite a bit when the gun cycles from firing, excessive weight may cause the frame/dust cover area to fail at some point. Someone did high speed video of the big three polymer frames under firing, I don't know what happened to it. You can see how much movement happens when the different guns were cycled.

If your looking for around 5 ounces the Canyon Creek Tactical guide rod for the XD .45 acp will fit into the 5.25 slide assembly. The guide rod will protrude slightly out the front of the slide.

Rich

Yes, we've looked at it and we already make a rail mounted scope mount for a customer. Their is a well known Glock shooter who is running a light casing filled with weight on his Limited gun, and the XDM lower rail is stiffer than the Glock. When we get around to it, it will likely be the same brass that we make our big magwells out of.

Yes, we've looked at it and we already make a rail mounted scope mount for a customer. Their is a well known Glock shooter who is running a light casing filled with weight on his Limited gun, and the XDM lower rail is stiffer than the Glock. When we get around to it, it will likely be the same brass that we make our big magwells out of.

Awesome. I figured SP had already thought about doing a rail mounted weight.

Looking forward to it.