Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load for new para 18.9

jlchevy

I had my throat reamed out to accept ammo up to 1.150. It wouldn't take anything longer than 1.100. My current load is 125 hap or Montana gold with 4.2 N320 at 1.125. This works in all my 9mm guns. Soft shooting, but a little snap. I'm very happy with it.

I too have had to load significantly shorter in the 18.9 than in my CZ's or Glocks. I just ran out of my normal coated bullets so I have just been loading and shooting left overs from years ago. 125gr MBC LRN- 1.06 OAL, 3.7gr Bullseye, 1065 fps avg with acceptable accuracy. By the way, my 18.9 hates flat point bullets regardless of OAL or weight.

I just received some 200 round packs of bullets from Bayou that I'm going to be using for load development. I looked up TiteGroup load data for 95, 115, 124, and 135 and was surprised at the various OAL's listed. I'm going to start with loading one test cartridge at the recommended OAL and do a plunk test with the barrel to see if it will fit. Assuming it does I'll load some up and go shoot 'em. I'm looking for a bunny fart load for steel challenge.