Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

blue bullet 200 gr rnfp?

b2bubba

Thats where I seat mine as well. Taper crimp and c.o.l. 1.175.

It was just a lot shorter than the 230 r n I had been loading.

No change to the amount of bullet seated inside the case though.

Thanks for the reply

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this bullet for IDPA CDP major load in my Glock 41 . I bought 5 lbs of TiteWAD powder when I saw that Hodgons had reloading data for it and found I could make 169 PF with it and the blue bullet 200 gr RNFP at 4.1 grs seating to the cannelure . I'm thinking mine measured a longer OAL at 1.189 though. Accurate and soft shooting load that burns fairly clean compared to other powders I've used for same load. I've found that TiteWAD works well with 185 gr. and 200 gr. coated bullets but struggled to make major with 230 gr. RN coated bullets and just settled on the 200 gr. RNFP bullets to use up the rest of my TITEWAD.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would add some additional data to this post. I don't have a chrono so I paid strict attention to my loading based on Hodgdon website data and listings here and elsewhere. Loaded a 200grn LRN at 3.8., 4.0 and 4.2 of titewad. OAL I settled on was 1.24 which is right at the bullet shoulder. 10 rounds of each load. Shot 5 in my S&W 1911 and 5 in my G21 Gen 4 with LW barrel. All were dead on accurate at 10' ft, they all cycled fine in both guns (stock springs) and recoil was soft!

I may have found my new favorite powder for the .45! I think I'm going to settle on 4.0 and be good with that!