Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM and Schuemann Bull barrel comparison photos

jid2

I had both these barrels and thought it might be helpful for people to see the differences.

First the barrels are relieved different. KKM uses a taper from the lugs to the front of the barrel. This typically creates interference issues with the slide that need to be fixed when fitting a KKM barrel. Schuemann does the relief straight across and then bumps up right at the end of the barrel. Makes fitting easier.

IMG_7395.jpg

Here's a photo of a KKM barrel I relieved on the lathe to fix the slide interference issue.

20130413_181649.jpg

Thread relief is different - Schuemann doesn't do it. KKM does a nice job. This makes comp fitting a bit different. You may need to add extra relief to your comp at the opening for a Schuemann.

IMG_7396.jpg

Ramps are different at the chamber. Schuemann adds a 2nd break to ease the transition. This really helps. I've had to grind in this same type of transition in the KKM barrels I've used to help with feeding. Extractor relief is also better on the Schuemann. I've found I've had to enlarge the relief on the KKM to get proper clearance for the extractor tip.

IMG_7398.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

Schuemann is just a little longer. I measured .024" longer.

IMG_7404.jpg

IMG_7405.jpg

All that said, I always end up with KKM, because when I order one it shows up 2 days later!