Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig 938 9mm Anyone have an reviews?

Gdub

I've had mine for over a year now and put more than 1000 flawless rounds through it. I love the SA trigger but it definitely needed a bit of cleaning when new. Polish up the sear and hammer engagement points, adjust the sear spring and replaced the mainspring and you'll end up with a crisp 5lb trigger that is a joy to shoot. I love hitting the plate rack with this little pistol and seeing the looks on other shooters face when they realize what I'm shooting. It carries well, is reliable, and it shoots accurately. Use the search function and you'll find a few threads on this great little gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one and am a big fan for carrying in my pocket and IWB. I broke the trigger pin and lost a grip screw doing a torture/reliability test, basically trying to get it to malfunction. The trigger pull was terrible, but it still fired the rest of the mag after the pin broke. It was back in my hands from a repair at Sig a week later (I'm in Alaska), awesome customer service.

My only complaint is with a proper grip the slide cuts into the base of my thumb. This only matters when I'm shooting 100 rounds or so.

Also, ensure you either loctite the grip screws or check them often. They are well known for loosening and falling out.

Oh I forgot to mention one of my favorite things about the 938s single action mechanism. Unlike a traditional 1911, you can load and clear the chamber with the safety on. The safety does not prevent you from racking the slide.

Edited by EdHorton

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good Morning;

My first post here after reading here for months. I'll digress and state that this is THE forum for education on shooting correctly.

I got my unfired P938 Rosewood on a trade last spring. I got it as a pocket carry for summer, after looking at many other guns. I'm at just under 1000 rounds on mine, and it's never hiccuped. The factory trigger is heavy, but after shooting it, it smoothes out nicely, and lost a bit of the heavy feel. The trigger truly is not like a standard 1911 trigger, as it is hinged, and does not pull straight back, but instead has a very slight swing downward. when pulling the trigger it does feel like a '1911'ish trigger.

There are aftermarket steel/aluminum triggers out there, but I have not seen the need in my experience. The sights are great for such a small firearm, and action like glass.

My Gripes:

Sig offers a bunch of 'goodies' that come with the gun;

A holster, mag carrier, but mo extra magazine in the package I received. Honestly, save the plastic holster and mag carrier, and give buyers a second mag. I purchased one at $42.00 for a 7 round pinky extension mag.

I carry it with the 6 round flush mag, and this little gun disappears in your waistband or pocket. IWB, I use a Zorn Skinny Rig, pocket a cheapo Desantis Nemisis, which, like a Remora, can be used IWB also.

The fit and Finish on this pistol is excellent, finished in Nitron, which to me appears almost as a smooth parkerizing. No discernible finish wear is seen on mine yet.

I usually carry a Glock IWB, be it a G19 or G36 95% of the time. This pistol's purpose is mainly summer carry, in shorts. It was excellent in this capacity all summer long.

As far as accuracy, I am able to keep my rounds in a standard paper plate out to 25 yards, closer distances lend much tighter groups.