Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI base pads for Glock 34 gen4 IDPA/USPSA legal

1eyedfatman

I'm thinking of adding some base pads to 2-3 of my 7 G34 magazines. I am leaning to Taran Tactical. Can anyone tell me if any of TTI base pads are IDPS SSP legal? All I ever see it says are "IDPA legal" but I'm not sure if that means ESP or both ESP/SSP. There are 3 types of TTI Glock 9mm base pads I see…+0, +4, +6. I'd like to get the +4 for all around IDPA (SSP/ESP), USPSA (Production), 3-gun if they fit all the rules.

- In IDPA SSP, the rules seem to say you can add extended base pad as long as it does not add more then 1oz to the weight of the mag. I can't find anywhere how much each TTI base pad ways!

- In IDPA ESP, same as SSP except the weight can't exceed 1.5oz.

- In USPSA Production, the rules seem to say you can add extended base pad as long as the total weight of your gun with ALL modifications and inserted empty mag does not increase the weight of the gun by more then 2oz…Glock 34 ten 4 would be 26oz + 2oz = 28oz max.

+0 will put you over the weight requirement if you have a stainless steel guide rod. You can use a +0 if you use a stock guide rod, but honestly, I'd go with an aftermarket guide rod over the +0s. You can just use the smalls.

I have a G34 gen 4 and the guide rod that came with it has the double spring. I replaced it with a Jaeger SS guide rod and 13lb spring. I'm trying to locate a good scale to way my pistol with and empty mag and I hope it has at least 1oz to spare so I can use the +4 TTI extended mag.

You specifically mention the +0 base plate, so I take it you think the +4 will not be a problem if one has at least 1oz to play with in weight?

+0 will put you over the weight requirement if you have a stainless steel guide rod. You can use a +0 if you use a stock guide rod, but honestly, I'd go with an aftermarket guide rod over the +0s. You can just use the smalls.

I have a G34 gen 4 and the guide rod that came with it has the double spring. I replaced it with a Jaeger SS guide rod and 13lb spring. I'm trying to locate a good scale to way my pistol with and empty mag and I hope it has at least 1oz to spare so I can use the +4 TTI extended mag.

You specifically mention the +0 base plate, so I take it you think the +4 will not be a problem if one has at least 1oz to play with in weight?

Shouldn't be a problem, no. Might be tight, though. They weigh in at about .9-1.0 ounces.

Shouldn't be a problem, no. Might be tight, though. They weigh in at about .9-1.0 ounces.

Taran Tactical,

You posted above that the +4 Glock basepads weigh in at about .9-1.0 ounces. In the link below, a poster weighed one at .85oz. This small difference can make or brake me. Can you confirm the true weight of a +4? I had someone weigh my G34 on a lbs scale and with a calculated conversion, it came to 27.072oz. With a .85oz basepad, that puts me at 27.922, just under the required 28oz. At .9oz, I would still be OK at 27.972oz...BUT at 1oz basepad weight, I'd be OVER. I plan on weighing with another scale tomorrow.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=207350

I love TT. 3mm they add some weight that helps the mag drop, but still font in the box. If you use larger heavier mag base pads just don't have them out when you go to the chromo stage. I have been DQed for mags being too long in the past and have learned to check all my mags before i shoot.

Taran Tactical,

You posted above that the +4 Glock basepads weigh in at about .9-1.0 ounces. In the link below, a poster weighed one at .85oz. This small difference can make or brake me. Can you confirm the true weight of a +4? I had someone weigh my G34 on a lbs scale and with a calculated conversion, it came to 27.072oz. With a .85oz basepad, that puts me at 27.922, just under the required 28oz. At .9oz, I would still be OK at 27.972oz...BUT at 1oz basepad weight, I'd be OVER. I plan on weighing with another scale tomorrow.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=207350

Well, with all metal products, there are some tolerance. Won't be .85 all the time, etc. The one I grabbed was .896, and I just grabbed another one that was .875. When we weighed it, did it have a magazine put in? Because you need to subtract the weight of the insert and the current floor plate from the total weight.

If this works for you, you can give us a call at the shop at 805-522-1911 and I can go through the batch and weigh them out for you before we send them.