Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buck Toddy Ray Chapman

Bucksgirl

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Katherine,

I knew Buck. It was 1982, I was 18 yrs old working at Ted Blockers custom holsters in Temple City California. He knew Ted well and would hang out at the shop often. We went shooting with him quite a few times. I was amazed at his accuracy and speed. He treated me great and was always fun to be around. I remember him driving his truck around Los Angeles with a great big "missile" looking thing with something written on it about gun rights, California was trying to get a gun law passed and Buck was all over it, parking his truck in front of city hall and going to rallys. He was the kind of guy you just didnt mess with, and stories were told that backed it up. It sure was funny that I thought of him this morning and decided to look him up online. One day he just quit coming to the shop, only to hear soon after that he took his own life. I went to his funeral, my first, out near Indio California. Military funeral, 21 gun salute. He lives on in my mind for sure. Great Guy.

How old are you Katherine? If I find pictures of him I will see if I can find you and get them to you.

I hope this helps in your search, let me know if there is anything I can do. Danny Blasdell

• 5 years later...
On 1/3/2015 at 10:46 AM, DannyBlasdell said:

Hi Katherine,

I knew Buck. It was 1982, I was 18 yrs old working at Ted Blockers custom holsters in Temple City California. He knew Ted well and would hang out at the shop often. We went shooting with him quite a few times. I was amazed at his accuracy and speed. He treated me great and was always fun to be around. I remember him driving his truck around Los Angeles with a great big "missile" looking thing with something written on it about gun rights, California was trying to get a gun law passed and Buck was all over it, parking his truck in front of city hall and going to rallys. He was the kind of guy you just didnt mess with, and stories were told that backed it up. It sure was funny that I thought of him this morning and decided to look him up online. One day he just quit coming to the shop, only to hear soon after that he took his own life. I went to his funeral, my first, out near Indio California. Military funeral, 21 gun salute. He lives on in my mind for sure. Great Guy.

How old are you Katherine? If I find pictures of him I will see if I can find you and get them to you.

I hope this helps in your search, let me know if there is anything I can do. Danny Blasdell

Danny, did you get out to any of the SWPL matches?