Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bruised thumb joint?

regularguy

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a CZ P-07, and put about 500 rounds through it yesterday. Today, I noticed my thumb "knuckle" (for lack of a better term) at the web of my hand is quite sore and bruised. I have rather small hands, and find I do need to cant the pistol slightly to achieve a smooth DA trigger press without disturbing the sights.

My question is, have you all experienced this before? Is it something I should be concerned about, or do you eventually get used to it with high round count sessions? Thank you in advance for your replies!

-Jon

The beavertail will do that on almost any gun if you're shooting a 500 round day! I've heard some guys taking training classes with high round counts will tape up their hands, especially multi-day classes with 1000+ round counts. I bookmarked the stuff they were recommending,

Nexcare Absolute Waterproof First Aid Tape, 1" x 5 yds-1 roll (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GAVJ6I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2TT4QDIWPSVN2&coliid=I2CHKDCYG8GHF0)

I developed tendinitis in this knuckle due to shooting a Glock. I too had to cant the pistol in order to get my proper trigger press.

Switching to the P09 mostly alleviated this issue for me. Have you tried the small backstrap to change the length of pull required to press the trigger in DA?