Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD Armorers in the WA/OR/ID area

EricW

Eric,

Have you tried Richard Dettelhouser from Canyon Creek? I know it's not the Pacific Northwest, but he may be a source. Also I believe he is a poster here, and has an add in the Advertisers section. Canyon Creek

Might be something to check out.

Ray

P.S. The Tru-Grips for the XD rock!

Rich is prohibited by contract from selling me parts. I have to ship the gun to him.

I'm just tweaked. I generally don't like going to a match w/o having a little plastic baggie full of common internal parts. Nothing personal to anyone's XD testimonials, but I could care less how many rounds someone has fired through their gun with no breakages, the odds are against a USPSA shooter not breaking their gun. I like to hedge my bets before hitting the road.

Springfield, of course, will only sell to armorers. Armorers cannot sell parts (except maybe on the sly). My chances of becoming an armorer are about on par with the odds of WA state ever having a republican governor again (read: zilch).

My only option is to maintain a complete 2nd backup gun, which is going to get expensive since I wanted to put Bomars on, since the factory sights are poorly regulated. Then, if my gun breaks, I get to spend $70 shipping + parts every single trip the gun makes. Then, if SA is anything like S&W, I can fully expect my gun to be put back to totally stock every time it makes a round trip, forcing me to spend all the custom money all over again.

Sorry for the accidental rant.

Well that just sucks! I'm looking to get started in Production, and also wanted a small spare parts kit. Jiminey Crickets, we're not asking for frames or anything! Someone will have to start eventually start selling basic spare parts, ie. extractors, ejectors, firing pins (oops, strikers), etc...

Eric, I feel your pain. This may force me to shoot Limited. I can almost build a new gun with the spares available for the 1911 platform, that are in my bag.

Ray

Ray

Sixgun,

Yeah, SA's corporate policies pretty well render the XD useless for competition. I'm think exactly the same thing. Might as well just stick with the 1911 and have something you can get parts for anywhere.