Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Bulk 12 Gauge Runs Well in my M1 Super 90?

Nalapombu

Hey all,

I finally have a Nordic tube on the way. I can't wait either. A member here made me a great deal on one.

I haven't shot this shotgun in many years. Now that I am going to have a +4 on it, I am going to want to go out to the range and have some fun with it. Shooting a nice, big box full of 12 gauge practice loads is going to be a lot of fun. Not only can I get used to my M1 again, but I can also break in the tube and spring and make sure everything works great.

I'm going to pick up a box of those bulk practice shells at Wally World or Academy Sports. Academy likely has more of a selection and if they don't have what I need, there is a Gander Mountain close and a Bass Pro Shops about 35 minutes away. SO, I can get just about any of the brands and types of bulk ammo that you guys tell me I need to use. At least I hope so.

Would you all mind telling me what you have had good luck with in your M1S90 with a tube added to it? Are there varieties and weights that I should FOR SURE stay away from?

Also, I am more than likely going to be at a regular shooting range so I'll need something to make it interesting and fun with all those shells. Just pulling the trigger and not shooting at anything would be pretty monotonous, don't you think? Any decent activities or "games" you can suggest to make the time more enjoyable?

Thank you all for the help and your time.

Nalajr

Hey all,

I finally have a Nordic tube on the way. I can't wait either. A member here made me a great deal on one.

I haven't shot this shotgun in many years. Now that I am going to have a +4 on it, I am going to want to go out to the range and have some fun with it. Shooting a nice, big box full of 12 gauge practice loads is going to be a lot of fun. Not only can I get used to my M1 again, but I can also break in the tube and spring and make sure everything works great.

I'm going to pick up a box of those bulk practice shells at Wally World or Academy Sports. Academy likely has more of a selection and if they don't have what I need, there is a Gander Mountain close and a Bass Pro Shops about 35 minutes away. SO, I can get just about any of the brands and types of bulk ammo that you guys tell me I need to use. At least I hope so.

Would you all mind telling me what you have had good luck with in your M1S90 with a tube added to it? Are there varieties and weights that I should FOR SURE stay away from?

Also, I am more than likely going to be at a regular shooting range so I'll need something to make it interesting and fun with all those shells. Just pulling the trigger and not shooting at anything would be pretty monotonous, don't you think? Any decent activities or "games" you can suggest to make the time more enjoyable?

Thank you all for the help and your time.

Nalajr

I don't have specific advice for an M1 Super 90 with w tube, but have shot thousands of WalMart value ammo through semis including some with a Nordic tube. I think the consensus is stay away from the Winchester value pack- I've had that jam in pumps before. The federal is generally quite good, although if you get the reduced or target loads they may not have enough to cycle that M1.

I'd get the federal field and target value pack, or my favorite is to buy the federal game loads- 1 oz of shot with a stout charge at 1290 fps. 4 boxes of those can be cheaper than buying the value packs- you will have to check your local pricing.