Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drill of the week videos: Week 2

waktasz

http://www.super-tactical.com/2014/12/super-tacticalcom-drill-of-week-2-keep.html

(click the link to read the full description...)

Building on what we learned last week with the drill "Three Way", we again address shooting on the move with this week's drill. The setup is simple: you start in a box with 3 targets in front of you but must move to a second box to be able to see and engage a steel target. We run the drill two ways. First, we start and immediately move to the second box, and shoot everything from there. Next, we shoot the entire string on the move. Based on what we know from last week, it is shown again that it's much faster to ...

Matt,

How do your hits compare between on the move and static?

Shooting on the move is a skill all by itself that will need quite a bit of practice. At times distance will dictate whether to shoot on the move or not as well.

Thanks for the video.

Pat

Mostly A's if not all A's for most of the runs. I was trying to do it at a comfortable pace and not really look like a hero in the videos. Plus, we've been working on this one for a while now before we even had the idea to do video. I honestly expected it to show that the hits at 15 yards would be all over the place and that posting up would be most worthwhile but after shooting it live we both were surprised at how much better we had gotten at getting good points after running this for a few months. Need to try it again at 20 yards.

editted to add: This is practice though. In match conditions with nerves, more movement before the start and therefore accelerated heart rate, etc, I think the distances where you'd want to use this will shrink a good bit...but that's why we practice.

Edited by waktasz

Matt,

How do your hits compare between on the move and static?

Shooting on the move is a skill all by itself that will need quite a bit of practice. At times distance will dictate whether to shoot on the move or not as well.

Thanks for the video.

Pat

Matt, just did what you suggested and read the write up. You addressed all my questions. Thanks.

Looking at the Pivothead camera, it doesn't appear to come with a way to add prescription lenses. I think that would be a nice feature. Something else that would be kinda cool, and really interest me, is if they could mount the camera portion above the right eye (or left) so you could actually see what you are seeing when shooting. I know that's a little knit picky, but it would be way cool.

They do offer prescription lenses. They aren't cheap, but they have them.

The camera over the eye would be great too but these aren't made specifically for shooting and they would require the frames to be redesigned...and they would probably look a little bit weird.

Edited by waktasz

They do offer prescription lenses. They aren't cheap, but they have them.

The camera over the eye would be great too but these aren't made specifically for shooting and they would require the frames to be redesigned...and they would probably look a little bit weird.

See it now. They are a little salty.

Yeah, I would think the camera could be on top of the frame so it would make it thicker. It would look weird, but it would be so cool.

Cheaper to get contacts :)

Yeah, if I had really bad eyes. I only need a reading glasses prescription for my right eye to see those bumps on top of the gun. Still may be cheaper. Though, if I work it right, insurance will cover a frame and lenses.

But it would be a lot closer. And shooting around barricades wouldn't be blocked.

Not that much closer. And I would think even with a central camera you'll still see around most barricades - even if you're so close your weak eye vision is blocked the camera is still further out.