Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Star

Cosby

I put a Tac Star 8 round mag extension on an 1100CM (don't ask what happened to the original extension, it's a long story). I have tried various spring lengths but the thing will only hold 7 rounds. The 8th round almost goes in but not quite. Any ideas?

P.S. Benny, the 40 you built for me shoots great!

This is definitely a 3 round extension. Once in a while, I can, with a lot of force, get the 8th round in. Most of the time it lacks about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. 3 rounds drop into the extension with about an inch to spare.

I disagree. You almost got the last round in. You are likely using the wrong length ammo.

What?!?! Its all the same right? 2 &3/4" right?

The length of 2 & 3/4 ammo in the real world is all over the place.

S&B 2&3/4" slug: 2.442"

Federal HiShok 2&3/4 2.364"

Remington Reduced recoil 2.320"

Fiochi low recoil Buck 2.325"

S&B Buck 2.545"

PMC low recoil Buck 2.455"

Differences seem small but multiply those by 9 & you can come up short.

When I bought my Winchester Super X2 & took it to the 1st club 3 gun (the unofficial match at NRA HQ) I was really disappoined to find that my "9 round gun" only held 8 rounds of S&B buck. I thought: "what the ***K?!?!" This gun was sold as holding 9 rounds of 2&3/4 & these rounds are not even close to that long. I simply had to switch to Remington. THere may bhe other fixes to the problem. But I wish the companies would come clean on actual shell length & gun/extension capacity.

D.