Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tape on Glasses

Dawg5

• 1 month later...

Was wondering if someone could kindly clear up a misunderstanding i have with the Tape on the Lens issue ?

I have a copy of Mr Enos's book and have read the section that deals with the Tape issue ( Pgs 81 + 82 ) but i still seemed to have missed something. My dominate Eye is my Right one, (i.e when i open the left one the object moves off position) but when i try to shoot with both eyes open i keep seeing a double image of the sight over target.

Squinting causes the shots to go all over the place as i can't seem to hold the focus using only the Right Eye.

I am Right Handed.

1. Could someone tell me please if Placing the tape over one eye will allow the two eyes to eventually work together so i can shoot both eyes open ?

2. Which lens should be covered to train the offending eye causing the trouble ?

Apologies if this has been discussed before or if the answer is blatantly obvious, i am new to this and would desperately like to improve the Ratio of holes in the target verses the Shots fired.

Any ideas would be appreciated :D

Regards.

Chris,

If you're right eye dominant and get double vision with both eyes open, tape your left eye.

Depending on the strength of your dominant eye (over your non-dominant eye), taping your non-dominant eye may or may not help you to eventually shoot with both eyes open. It's important to realize this. There's is no "answer" as to whehter you may be eventually able to shoot with both eyes open if you have double vision (in the beginnnig). Some can make improvements over time, but if the dominant eye is significantly stronger than the non-dominant eye, you may always have double vision with both eyes open.

And although I've said this many times... I think the importance of shooting with both eyes open is highly overrated. Don't spend too much time worrying about it. If you have double vision either squint or tape your non-dominant eye and start practicing. After training long enough to compete with confidence, I could transition with anyone - with my non-dominant eye squinted, closed, or taped. If you substitute every "I wish I could shoot with both eyes open" thought with "how can I better learn to keep my vision moving" - you'll be way ahead of the game.

be

Thank you very much Brian, for the advice. As you suggested in your book, trying to Squint and line up the sights against the target must be skill you have to master.

I will definitely try the Tape idea over the left lens to see if this improves things regarding concentrating on the sight picture, if not then more practice looks the way to go.

Your book is a no nonsense approach to being able to improve a person's shooting skills, well worth the time taken to read it thoroughly.

Thank you for your reply.

Regards.