Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which spring, follower for a 126mm STI .40 using any of the Taran Tact

JC49ae

I want to put some TTI base pads on my 126mm mags, either to increase the capacity, or just to change out the plastic.

I don't have a mag well that will interfere with the base pads.

What combinations of TTI base pads, springs, and followers work reliably together, and what was the round capacity you came up with?

Hello: if you want to change out the plastic base pads to aluminum, Double Tap makes some that will work. Shooters Connection sells there base pads. If you want to increase capacity Dawson make the wedge type base pads that will fit the box. Grams 2.5,4 and 7mm should work also if you have no magwell. As you get the longer base pads your risk of the follower tipping over increases. The Dawson followers work well with these extended base pads since they have a ear sticking out the bottom stopping them from tipping over as easily. So I think you should be able to use the 7mm TTI base pad. Thanks, Eric

Would this be for any division? Or just for fun?

This will be just for fun, a range only gun, and perhaps for use as a sidearm in tactical precision rifle where there aren't any magazine restrictions.

I just want to piece together a higher capacity mag that will still be reliable using a TTI baseplate.

I recommend getting the 140mm mag body, TTI 11 coil spring, TTI follower, and TTI base pad. This will give you 21 rounds per mag. I believe with the same set up with 126mm body is 16-17. I'd get it ordered this weekend, I believe TTI has a sale going on for 20% off.