Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production Division and EAA conversion slides

Fenr1r

Unfortunately I live in California and on January 1 I won't be able to purchase new guns that aren't on a limited list of approved guns and due to only 1 every 30 days for new purchases I can only fit one more handgun on my list before the end of the year. I was thinking of a Stock 2. The two things that drew me to it were the CZ styling and ergonomics which I love, I have a SP-01, P07 and P09, and the conversion slides which means I could get rid of my Glock 20.

I don't do USPSA yet but it is something I want to try at some point this next year. I know the rules state that conversions are not allowed like if I were to drop a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion into my Glock 20 but what about the EAA conversion slides? Is there anything on the frame that states what caliber it shipped from the factory? Would I be able to drop a 9mm slide onto a 10mm purchased Stock 2 since that is the only caliber available? Remember that the chance of me buying another Stock 2 or any EAA is going to be close to 0 next year due to the laws in California unless I move which isn't planned yet.

My other option is to just get the Match Elite in 10mm and call it a year. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Caliber conversions are not currently legal, it's stupid and no one would ever know unless they ran the serial number in EAA's computer, so it's up to you :)

Hey fellow San Diegan, thanks for the reply. I'm up in North County, the Encinitas area.

Do the slides usually require alot of fitting from a gunsmith? I've been browsing this forum and others this week and it seems like most people are able to swap slides just fine straight out of the box. Do you have experience with that?

• 2 weeks later...