Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody Using Lancer SRSM (Single Ring Scope Mount)?

jkrispies

I was playing around on the Lancer site the other day and came across their Single Ring Scope Mount (SRSM) and am curious if anybody is running it and what their impressions with it are? Seems like a good (and simple!) idea for a lightweight alternative to offset mounts. If anybody wants to look: http://store.lancer-systems.com/product/30mm-1-4-high-single-ring-scope-mt/rifle_accessories

Edited by jkrispies

There are short tube red-dot sights that would work fine in it but I would worry about anything longer.

Do you have a picture of where this mount would go? Won't there be problems with the scope flexing due to vibration if it's not supported front and back?

Won't there be problems with the scope flexing due to vibration if it's not supported front and back?

This was sort of my question. Personally, my greater concern is with, say, dumping a 3-gun rifle into a barrel and bending the scope tube due to the increased leverage of more scope overhang... if that makes sense.

For a pic, I happened to notice Craig Sawyer using one in a promo photo:

post-6651-0-08591700-1416359485_thumb.jp

Edited by jkrispies

I guess it depends on the optic you're going to be using. I used the US Optics single ring mount with a SN4S for a few years on an AR that got beat pretty good and didn't give a second thought to the scope. No issues with any bending or damage to the scope even strapped to a pack getting banged up on rocks and trees in northern AZ.

I guess it depends on the optic you're going to be using.

That would seem to be the key factor. In the picture, the scope has a longer rear tube than front tube. The front is short enough that you might even have to use a fairly narrow ring to fit on it. In this case, the single ring certainly looks adequate.

Of course, having just one ring also means that it's easier to get the scope slightly off axis if you aren't careful mounting. But for short scopes and short ranges, it's probably not enough to matter.