Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a Couple Measurements!

NickD

Need the thickness of the dust cover (frame) on a Limited. I don't have my pistol yet and am trying to figure out if I can adapt a 1911 frame bridge mount to the Tanfo. Also need the mounting hole spacing (center to center) for the 4 tapped holes on the frame. Oh yeah what size are the tapped holes?

Thanks!

Frame is 0.999" wide, the four M4x0.7 holes are 10mm on center. My wide 2011 frame is 0.940" wide, so it's possible...

Thanks atlas. The mount I was looking at is 1.230 outside with pads on both sides that measure .750 between. I can machine the pads to .999 but the 4 hole centers are .500 which kills the deal. Bummer.

Know anyone who makes a mount for the 2011?

I think there is a horizontal weaver mount made for the tanfog? well they sell one in australia at least:

http://www.tanfoglio.com.au/p/138/side-mount-with-weaver-base-a0002.html

given the current weak aud that's only $85 USD. no idea if they would export it to the states but I'm sure with the part number one of the US dealers could get one for you.

A0002.jpg

Edited by BeerBaron

Hey, thanks Baron! They have a double sided mount also for $169 au which is $145 us. Will check with Shooter Ready tomorrow.

Thought if it was an easy mod I'd try to adapt a 1911 mount, doesn't look that easy. If I could find one without the holes might be doable.

I emailed Sharon yesterday, no response yet so, being the impatient type I called EAA direct at 321-639-4842. Ordered the A0003 from a very pleasant young lady named Kristie. Est delivery is one week, Priority Mail.