Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any World Shoot Team results yet?

Patrick Sweeney

I have a question about how they administer the team medals.

It looks like you can have four people to a team, and the three best scores count. However, the fourth place person on the team still gets a medal, right?

So Brooke Sevigny got a medal even though she DQed, presumably because her score of 0 wasn't counted, and the other three on the team scored enough points to get the Gold.

But why did Kale Garretson not get recognized as part of the Production Gold-medal winning team? He was bumped to Open, so obviously his scores wouldn't count for Production, but he was still on the men's Production team, which won Gold.

Because he shot Open and was removed from the team? Not sure why he was bumped but you can't be on a Production team shooting Open.

So why allow Brooke to receive a medal even though she was removed from the match? How can you be on a Ladies' Standard team if you have been DQed?

If anything Kale was still a part of the Production team after he was bumped to Open in terms of stage planning, strategy, etc. Unlike Brooke, who would not have been walking the stages with the team after getting DQed.

Note: I'm not saying I disagree with giving Brooke a medal, but I think it's messed up to not give Kale a medal under the circumstances.