Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

guide rails for speedloader funnel

openclassterror

Several people asked me for pictures or info on the guide ribs I talked about on another thread. Rather than leave everyone else out of the loop, I decided to turn it into a new thread. I can't take credit for the idea, it came from Jerry Miculek. He used a very similar setup on his Mossberg JM Pro when I shot with him at the 3GN Western Regionals in Vegas earlier this year. This is what it looks like on a Stoeger M3000. Gonna have to be a couple posts to get all the pics in.

post-48876-0-57160700-1414617810_thumb.j

post-48876-0-81364900-1414617817_thumb.j

Last one- This is for the Arredondo chutes that are intended to work with the plastic Tec-Loader guide. The newer versions are smaller, but provide much less guiding surface. In fact, Jerry adapted the Remington version to work on his Mossberg rather than use the smaller guide made for the 930. The Plastic bracket is replaced with aluminum spacers spot-welded to the inside of the Arredondo part. The two guide rails ensure the loading angle is correct, and prevent the lifter from popping the tubes up and over the guide. Once the tube is stripped, it falls free right from under the forks.

post-48876-0-01727900-1414618266_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

I saw your post it the other thread and can see how this would really help. I would be interested in the mod too if I can get it done without shipping the whole shotgun up. I have already thrown a bunch of cash at sticks may as well get something that will help me use them quickly and reduce the fumble factor.

Why do you think it was not manufactured this way to start? Any concerns about breaking the plastic tabs on the loaders?

• 5 months later...