Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning square firing pin stop

mwc

I just noticed these listed on Henning's web store as part of an upgrade kit for Stock II pistols and in the description, it stated that the stops "slow down the slide speed". I am just curious how this happens and why it would be necessary. Would anyone care to enlighten me? I didn't see them listed as a stand alone part offered for sale on the site.

Per Henning website:

Square firing pin stop. Supposedly reduces the slide velocity. We don't know for sure, but we've been asked to make them and we do. Maybe it makes a difference, we don't think it's within our ability to say either way, but it cannot hurt. $19.95

Who knows? Lol

I guess why we are on Henning subject, what's the difference in the Briley match barrel vs factory that's listed on website? Are they that much more accurate? Also how would a gunsmith "be able to fit to a large frame" Tanfo as every Tanfo I got is large framed.

I guess why we are on Henning subject, what's the difference in the Briley match barrel vs factory that's listed on website? Are they that much more accurate? Also how would a gunsmith "be able to fit to a large frame" Tanfo as every Tanfo I got is large framed.

There are small differences between large and small frame barrels (I couldn't find the barrels on his sight just now so I may be missing something)and I believe the Brileys are for small frame guns (at least the one I bought a few years ago was). You could make a small frame barrel fit a large frame slide by adding a custom sleeve or cone and doing a little custom fitting on the locking lug on the barrel.

On 1911s' in 10MM many will install a flat bottom firing pin stop to help slow unlocking. What happens is the flat bottom stop requires more force to unlock helping to slow the slide. You can try this on a 1911 changing out the firing pin stops and then cycle the slide by hand to feel the difference. Does it work on the Witness? I have tried the above myself and I can feel more force is require with the flat bottom to cycle the slide by hand.