Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio carry models any good?

wscottstewart

I have a full sized polymer framed witness its really light, but being DA/SA the trigger pull is not as nice as my Witness Match, even when shot SA. When I first got it I ordered a Blade Tech holster for it but the holster was made for a round slide and Tanfoglio must have just changed the polys to the square slide design. I should check back with Blade-Tech, but I went with a leather holster for a Sig P226 (I think) and had a local leather guy add a row of stitches to keep the pistol from settling deeper into the holster than I wanted.

Years ago I had an outside the waistband holster (pancake style) that tucked a full sized pistol in tight between my hip and ribs well enough I just wore a polo shirt to cover it. I would badge my way past the metal detector every day at work and it took the guards eight years to realize I was armed. Up til then they thought I only put a gun on when I was wearing raid gear. So its a combination of things, holster, belt, body shape, a shirt that hangs right if you go that route. However a shooting vest can hide a lot more, but perhaps attract more attention. Good luck.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

I owned both a full size and a compact poly gun.

With just a little work on the plunger and trigger bar they seemed pretty decent.

I ended up selling them both because the polymer frame is wider than the steel so they were a lot fatter. They stuck out more and just felt bulky. The lighter weight was nice, but they also were a lot snappier to shoot than steel.

I switched them out with a 1976 Mossad (full size small frame Tanfoglio) and Kahr CW9.

I owned both a full size and a compact poly gun.

With just a little work on the plunger and trigger bar they seemed pretty decent.

I ended up selling them both because the polymer frame is wider than the steel so they were a lot fatter. They stuck out more and just felt bulky. The lighter weight was nice, but they also were a lot snappier to shoot than steel.

I switched them out with a 1976 Mossad (full size small frame Tanfoglio) and Kahr CW9.

Nealio- Do you mean you carry a backup as well as your primary pistol? Or you switch back and forth at times? I have carried two at a time, but not very often- just when I had to go somewhere I wouldn't have normally gone. And does removing the trigger pin and reinstalling it to do the polishing you refer to cause enough wear in the polymer frame so that the trigger gets looser in the side to side (left to right when aiming) direction? The trigger in my polymer frame doesn't move left to right as much as my Match did before I put Henning's trigger in it (which solved wobbling issue) and I'd like to keep it that way. Henning's trigger pin bolt won't fit in the poly last I checked because its not long enough.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

No depending on conditions, weather, etc I carry one of those 2.

You can take the trigger in and out without any increase in slop/movement.

The trigger and hammer both mount inside a metal block (like a chunk of a metal frame) that fits in the polymer frame and is held in by a long pin.

Edited by Nealio