Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OAL on 124 gr RNFP

lstone

So I loaded up some 124 gr extreme RNFP and did the plunk and twist test, and found I needed to load them very short 1.042 would twist fine. my question is a 2 fold one, Is the oal normal for that bullet?

will the 75 Shadow run that bullet meaning feed it well? these are some bullets I had loaded for my Glock. I load extreme 124 RN at 1.10 OAL no issue at all. I also took a fired piece of brass and the RNFP and pressed it into the barrel and eased the the case out several times and it was touching the rifling at 1.0625So that is how I came up with setting the OAL. anyone load these bullets. Thanks for the replies up front

I load Berry's HBFP 124s at an OAL of 1.064 and they sit just a skosh off the rifling of my 75. FWIW They also run well in an assortment of other pistols at that length and have been my goto minor load for pushing 50k.

That's a little shorter than I've heard before in CZ's, I load mine 1.075-1.080 with that same projectile. But as long as they run and are accurate and you aren't compacting the powder, I think you should be fine.

Edited by IronicTwitch