Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Connecticut!

Haywizzle

Hey there! I am Dan from Fairfield/New Haven County in Connecticut. TY-80786. I have been lurking for a while trying to expand my knowledge base and have decided to be a more active member.

I starting shooting competitions by doing plate rack shoots at Bridgeport shooting Range in 2012. I met some great folks that got me into SCSA and the Penn South-Eastern steel league. Living in CT I have to travel a lot and in the last two years I have shot steel at Lower Providence, Ontelaunee, Topton, Guthsville and Unami in PA for the 2013 steel league and SCSA at Old Bridge in NJ, Watervliet in NY, Harvard and New Bedford in MA and at Sig in NH. I also had fun with knockdown steel at the PSA shootout in PA and Walls of Steel at Wallum Lakes.

My new passion is shooting USPSA. I first started at Monson, MA two years ago. This past season I became a regular at Rockville CT, and Hopkinton and Harvard in MA. I also did one match in Dutchess NY. My big trips were to Fredericksburg VA for the spring sectional and area 8. I also did area 7 this year at New Bedford MA and last year at Sig in NH. I am looking forward to the MD state championship in two weeks!

Last spring I became the Bridgeport plate shoot match director. We just started our season this month and got about 25 guys. This off season I'm keeping busy with BPT Plates, indoor IDPA at BPT and Friday Night Plates at New Haven Sportsman's Club in Guilford when they do center fire pistol events. I eventually plan to get some more diverse guns to complete in New Haven's other Friday night plate events.

I have become a big CZ fan after first getting an SP-01. I shot it for 9 months and then learned about Cajun Gun Works and did some home tweaking. I have since bought a CZC Accu-Shadow which is the only firearm I want to shoot for the foreseeable future. I love CZs so much I stopped carrying my Sig P229 and replaced it with a RAMI D worked over by CGW with their defensive carry package.

Thanks To Brian and all the users on the forums that have been so helpful. I hope to see you on the range.

Welcome to the Forums. I'll have to check out your plate match. I've shot at the Bridgeport range. They let me shoot my Eagle 50AE. :)

Thanks Youngeyes!

Come on down to BPT. We do 2nd and 4th Tuesday nights. It is really fun and friendly with safety as the first priority. We try to get in 5 rounds of round robin then I break shooters into 3 classes and do double elimination. All I ask it to not shoot the plates with the Deagle. The steel thanks you. I wouldn't mind shooting it as some paper though. :devil: