Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Height over Bore

jackson923

So at the FNH USA 3Gun Championship match on stage 6 I made stupid mental error. I went prone on the top of a Conex box and wasn't paying attention when I went to engage long range steel. As a left handed shooter I didn't take the time in the walk through to make sure I had a proper shooting position from the box top. I engaged targets to my right, when I went to engage targets to my left I didn't notice that the muzzle of my rifle was positioned behind and angled 2x4 support for the hand railing. I didn't see it through my optic and never considered that I was catching the edge of the 2x4 while shooting, my point of impacted was right (figured due to wind) so I adjusted my hold left even more striking the 2x4. Needless to say I took the penalty times for two unhit long range pieces of steel. Lesson learned was to pay attention more in the walk through and be more observant. On this same stage I spun a piece of steel with my shotgun, pride getting the best of me caused me to shoot 6 more shots at it trying to knock it down which also caused me to not see two small steel plates. Tunnel Vision!

Edited by jackson923

My issue wasn't necessarily the off set it was more not taking the time to get into a good shooting position and be observant of obstacles in the way. I aslo spun the very last plate on stage 8 closest to the log for long range. It spun completely around 180 degrees and was still standing. I called the shot, heard the hit and moved on without looking for now on I'll count the number of plates and make sure they go down before moving.