Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doubling or riding the trigger?

trp

Last night I was shooting my limited gun and it doubled a few times, I can shoot pretty fast splits and this is a new to me gun, I'm thinking I'm just riding the trigger to much but not sure

I was reading on some other forums about how to check the trigger and it's said to manually pull the hammer to half cock and see if the trigger is tight which it is very tight no movement that I can tell

And if I pull the trigger hold it back and rack the the slide to half cock the trigger doesn't seem to reset?

Good? Bad? The article I was reading seemed to say this is not good but it's a little unclear to me

Any help would be great

Mark

Read that article and the screw seems fine, I took the entire thing apart and the disconnector had a bunch of crud on it?

Cleaned it all up and can't duplicate the problem cycling the slide by hand, i guess I'll find out Sunday

Read that article and the screw seems fine, I took the entire thing apart and the disconnector had a bunch of crud on it?

Cleaned it all up and can't duplicate the problem cycling the slide by hand, i guess I'll find out Sunday

Cool. Maybe you just need some time to get used to the trigger. When I got kids be it took a few rounds to get used to the 1 3/4 # trigger. Good luck and hope you figured out the issue