Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35

rubberneck

Since this is my first post here I would like to introduce myself. My name is Pete and I have been shooting IDPA for the past year and have enjoyed it so much that I am now going to start shooting IPSC. I am not to sure that my wife will be so happy with that decision but after seeing the ex-IPSC crowd winning the IDPA matches in my area I think I will give it a go.

Any how I just bought a Glock 35 that I plan to use in IDPA production and Limited 10 in IPSC. I shot the gun for the first time today and had the worst time with the extended mag release. Since I am left handed the mag release sits right between my index finger and middle finger of my strong hand. I had to put the gun away after about 200 rounds because the web between the two fingers was taking a real serious beating. Since I have never owned a piece of tactical tupperware is this a common complaint? Other than replacing it with the standard mag release is there anything else I can do to it to make it more comfortable?

The range session wasn't a total waste. As I was leaving the guy who plays Johnny Sack on the Soprano's was coming in. Didn't really get to talk with him that much but he seemed like a nice guy.

I'm not sure what to tell you...

I do like that fact that a guy signed in as "rubberneck" brings up "Johnny Sack" in his post. :)

Swapping out that extended mag relaease is not big deal. Putting in the stock sized release (from Glock) will keep you legal if you decide to shoot Production (or SSP in IDPA).

You might have some grip issues to look into.

Check out the "tips" section on mattburkett.com

I'm also left handed and for that reason I tend to dislike extended or oversize mag catch buttons. Depending on the gun, they usually lay right under the top of my middle finger. I haven't had any abrasion or soreness problems, but I haven't fired enough rounds with a gun so equipped. For me, it's more a problem with my middle finger activating the mag catch with a normal grip and having unscheduled "bombs away" episodes.

My G22 has always had its original mag catch and I've had zero problems with it.

I am right handed and also don't like the extended mag release, it makes it too easy to release a mag and with certain holsters it digs into my side... The reg mag catch is all that is required.