Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM Range Officer

Joe D

Thought I would post an interesting observation. A friend wanted to shoot a local IDPA Classifier with my RO. He used 147 gr Berry bullets that he shoots out of his G34. His OAL is 1.135". About half of his bullets tumbled. I shoot a 160 gr bullet with an OAL of 1.200". It stacks bullets with that load. Load them long sports fans if you want the best accuracy.

Thought I would post an interesting observation. A friend wanted to shoot a local IDPA Classifier with my RO. He used 147 gr Berry bullets that he shoots out of his G34. His OAL is 1.135". About half of his bullets tumbled. I shoot a 160 gr bullet with an OAL of 1.200". It stacks bullets with that load. Load them long sports fans if you want the best accuracy.

What was his load? If he loads the rounds down to much the bullets will tumble, or at least I have experienced the tumbling with 147 gr lead bullets in some of my 9MM guns.

Take Care

Bob

My Trojan 9mm likes longer loaded bullets. Only bullet I've had problems with is 147 lead. Tumbled in ,y Trojan and Glock 34. Only had problems with one box and have shoot thousands but it was enough to not purchase any more. Little research and several others have had problems from varied casters.