Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm to .40 (34 to 35) or .40 to 9mm ?

instructor25

Hey fellas, new guy here with a question. I tried searching through the forum for the answer, and I couldn't find a definitive answer. So if this has been beat down before I apologize beforehand. I'm a noob to the USPSA world, but not the gun world.

Which is easier, getting a G35 and a spare 40-9, or 9mm kkm barrel, or going from 9mm to 40? By reading thru some threads it looks like some people have minor problems jumping from 9 to 40 than 40 to 9. Some have issues with ejection, and extraction. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

If you already have a 34, you can always buy a fully assembled 35 slide. I know the extractor is a different angle, but it's a quick easy fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I have been reading on multiple threads on this forum. For some it worked fine, and others had to tweak it a little.

Ah, I see.

Well, in that case maybe the G35 with a 9mm conversion bbl for steel and 3gun is a good option. The only downside of a .40 to 9mm conversion is I don't believe that is legal for Prod division since the ruling is Glock never made a G35 chambered in 9mm... There is always .40 minor though. I tried that, but didn't like it and if shooting minor I did better with a 9mm. But I know some people who do quite well with it.

I did the G35 thing for a while. It was my transition gun to get into Limited after shooting SS for a couple of years. Then I got a 2011 (and another) so I sold the G35 and got a G34 for Prod. I use the 2011s for 3-gun and steel, but occasionally shoot the Glock.