Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow review...

bubbadoc

I like it. THE END...

Ok, maybe a little more. Got mine earlier in the month from Oakhill and finally got it to the range yesterday, No pics as the targets were not picture worthy (shooter not pistol). Feels great in the hand although with my big oven mitts I will end up getting some thicker grips soon. My groups were bigger than I wanted at 15 yds due to too much coffee before I found out I would be able to make the range and just my issues with the DA/ SA trigger (I mostly shoot 1911s) After 180 rounds I had cut my 10 round groups size in half and moved the groups almost on target.... as I sit here breakign it down I will put a little more 'blame' on the mismatch between my hand size and the thin grips.... but that can be overcome.

I had 4 light primer strikes with SB 115 gr hardball but they went boom with a follow up DA stroke. Long term I will be running 90%+ reloads so do not see an issue. I just like to have initial breakin with factory ammo.

Overall pleased, happy, content with it...

Edited by bubbadoc

If you use federal primers, and want a lighter DA trigger pull, try the 8.5# main spring.

My friend and I (both 1911/2011 shooters) found that we were shooting high right. After a week of dry fire practice, I cured that.

The thicker aluminum grips from CZC are pretty nice, but I am sure that there are some bigger grips out there. For my big mitts, they were just big enough to keep me from pinching the edge of my gun hand with the magazine during reloads.

if you have big hands the biggest alloy grips out there are the DAA thick grips (with grip tape). Ben stoegers shop has them.

But I found even better still (performance wise) are the factory CZ rubber grips. They have a nice palm swell to them and for people with big hands are probably the best option on a shadow.

I've tried:

CZC grips

CZ alloy checker grips

VZ grips

DAA thick

CZ rubber

The CZ rubber are the ugliest but worked the best with my hands...