Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swiss Army Tactical Sport

Smitty79

The next gun on my list is a 1911. I figure anyone with a double digit number of firearms must own one to pay proper homage to JMB. It's either a 1911 or a BAR and I don't think I want to deal with the Feds on a full auto gun.

After that, I think I want a do almost everything Tactical Sport. I have my tuned CZ85 for Production. It would be fun to get a 40 cal TS, tricked out for Limited and then add a 9mm fitted barrel for 3 gun and steel.

Is this a viable plan? If so, what would you do to the TS to get it fully tricked out for Limited? What magwell, magazines, mag extensions, springs... I must have a fiber-optic front sight. I've never played with a slide racker. I see lots of good Limited shooters without them.

If it did the tricked out 40 cal gun, other than the barrel, what would I have to change when shifting to 3 gun/steel?

I have the CZ-UB type magwell, but the back needs filing to get it to fit the ipsc box with the barrel parallel with the long side. I like it.

The fixed rear sight makes a perfect slide racker.

I have ordered a thumb rest that I want to experiment with (I want to see if I can mount it temporarily without drilling holes in the frame until I'm sure I'm going to use it long term)

Overall it's a fabulous gun.

bc19cdd8f33ac434adca0dcbb2225ada.jpg

You will love it. You could do as much or little at you want. Out of the box they are great and I think it's my favorite gun to shoot.

I got the comp hammer, an aluminum trigger, Dawson fiber front and Adjustable rear sights, large CZC magwell, aluminum grips, CZC 140mm basepads plus CZC mag springs and followers.

I have also done a lot of work on grip modification, frame shortening, and etc.

I use my TS 9mm for 3 gun and I bought a Czechmate slide racker but haven't installed it yet because it wouldn't be legal at a match that I will be attending next month. My only complaint with the CZs is that it doesn't leave you with much real-estate for racking the slide. Short of the slide racker I have put quite a bit of state tape on the rear of the slide to make it a bit easier for those empty chamber starts. I have also considered slide lightening in some strategic patterns to make it easier to rack the slide but no specific plans yet.