Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramshot Competition Chronograph Runs (147g Bullets)

danman00

Kinda following Zack Jones lead. I also did some chrono work this weekend using different components. I always appreciate it when you guys post your findings and I thought I would follow suit.

These were all fired From a stock as a rock Glock 19. I wanted to load a longer OAL but 1.12 was as long as the Glock chamber would allow for these 147gr Blue Bullet RN profile.

Ramshot Competition 3.0gr with 147gr RN Blue Bullets

OAL 1.12
AVG Velocity - 825 fps - 15 rounds

Ramshot Competition 3.2gr with 147gr RN Blue Bullets

OAL 1.12
AVG Velocity - 856 fps - 15 rounds

Ramshot Competition 3.4gr with 147gr RN Blue Bullets

OAL 1.12
AVG Velocity - 878 fps - 15 rounds

All three of these loads were about the same when it came to accuracy - 3" to 4" groups at 15 yards - free style. (this coulda been the fault of the shooter too LOL).

Enjoy!

Any pressure signs? Those loads seem to be above the max load data on the ramshot website, and shorter than the OAL as well. I have heard ramshot data is pretty conservative though.

No, no pressure signs at all.

they sound about right coming out of a G19. i get about 50-75 fps more out of my G34. Its a good powder that seem to mimic N320. I burned 4 #s of it in 9 and 40. my uspsa load was 4.7 with a 180 moly and it made 170 pf out of my STI. If i can find more i would buy some

I don't shoot major so I wasn't going max PF. I too have used Ramshot Competition for 40 and 180gr and absolutely love it. This was my first run with 9mm. So far I'm impressed with Ramshot Comp.