Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading room/man cave before

bigarm

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/bigarm/media/man%20cave/Shop184.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

Slide show of the progression of the man cave/reloading room. Not really in order; the cabinets had no shelves first and just put those in this past week. In addition to the reloading area and workbench, there is a pool table, a snooker table, a 1971 Ranchero and 2 feral cats that I have only caught a glimpse of after neutering. The counter tops are cleaned up as of this afternoon. It is not shown, but on the left side of the bench with the Dillon sits my portable air compressor so I can stop using my wife's canned air for the computer and to the left of it a 32" flat screen tv and a stereo/cd/ipod player with speakers. The interior walls are all blue stained pine.

Edited by bigarm

Very nice! I just started on my new reloading room too. It is 16 x 20. But I need to do the electric, insulation, drywall, floor and paint before I start moving the cabinets guns a few and reloading equipment in. It is a lot of work but worth the effort!

Got most of the reloading area done, so I have begun working on the fishing area. Took everything out of the drawers and cabinets and cleaned the areas. Still need to clean everything that was in there, though. Made shelves and am now working on fishing pole holders. Since it is a rustic area, I made some with just 2x4's. Will mount them and if they look okay, will make more.

Compliments. Your cabinetry skills are spot on! The wood looked to us Southerners more like Cypress that Pine but you called it !!

You are to be congratulated for all the time/energy put into this great Man Cave project.

Chuck

Oh and PS based on earlier post!

I keep the weapons(hand guns and rifles) away- away from the reloading room. I do this for both safety and security issues. If they(bad GUYS) break in they can easily steal my ammo and components but the hardware is safe elsewhere and it will take them time to find them. Time is a rare commodity of a thief !!!

Chuck

Oh and PS based on earlier post!

I keep the weapons(hand guns and rifles) away- away from the reloading room. I do this for both safety and security issues. If they(bad GUYS) break in they can easily steal my ammo and components but the hardware is safe elsewhere and it will take them time to find them. Time is a rare commodity of a thief !!!

Chuck

Our guns are all in the house in a safe, well most of them. are in the safe None are in the reloading area. Actually the man cave is a separate building from the house. It is a 30x70 pole building with 30x40 enclosed and the remaining 30x30 enclosed on three sides with an open front, no insulation or inside walls, just the metal on the outside. Pretty much done as of today. Got the rest of the room cleaned up. Now I am going to order another 550 and accessories from Enos and Inline Fabrication (Labor Day sale at Inline - 10% off). Really was considering a 650, but I can get more things I need if I get the 550. Sold a couple of shotguns to pay for it. Tomorrow my wife and I are taking a trip to SW Montana to visit a very accomplished bullet caster who has graciously offered to teach me how to cast. I guess casting equipment might be next.

Edited by bigarm

Casting is probably the biggest pain in reloading, 1st brother-in-law did it and I helped him a couple of times and that was when I decided that was enough for me for life !!!

(Apologies to those who think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread)