Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Caliber Witness Elite Limited to Converter to 40 S&W?

Steffes

Which EAA Witness Elite Limited would be easiest to convert to 40 S&W seeing as how I can't find one in 40? Would the 9mm or 10mm be more conducive to this conversion, assuming the parts are available? Which parts would need to change if I wanted to purchase the base gun and convert?

Thanks!

I would personally buy a 9mm limited and search for a .40 upper. That way you can play now and get the .40 slide later. Otherwise if you can source a .40 limited barrel, I say buy a limited in 10mm and swap the barrels.

I personally just bought one of each.....its a problem that starts with buying one.

Edited by CleverUsername

The right answer is 10 mm because it only involves a barrel swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "right" answer?!?

Perhaps if you could just click, clickey, click and order a .40 Limited barrel...

There's no easy way to get a .40 Limited, so if you're a USPSA shooter I suggest you get the Limited in 9mm, get it all set up, then shoot it as you look for a .40 upper. You can also use the long slide upper from a Match or a Limited Pro; in fact you could probably find a used Match .40, use the upper and throw away the lower for what a Limited .40 upper would cost you :)

when it comes to tanfoglios assumptions are the mother of all f#$ckups!

not like a 2011 where you can buy any standard calibre not to mention crazy wildcat barrels and chose from half a dozen different makers. with a foglio is one choice only and cross your fingers they have what you want. :) either that or raid kneelingatlas... :)

Edited by BeerBaron