Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Shadow magazine pouches & extra mags for Production/SSP

1eyedfatman

I've had my Shadow about a week now and shot it for the 3rd time today in a USPSA local match today (got rained out after 4/6 stages). Getting used to the double-action first pull…but had a stage where first shot was a little steel popper about 20 yards away to trigger a swinger. Got it first shot with the DA trigger! I had been shooting Limited/ESP with my XDM, so I was concerned showing up with only 4 magazines with max 10 round limits in Production. Now I'm shopping mag pouches (my XDM & Glock pouches aren't optimal) and extra CZ magazines. Given I can't use some race mag pouches in Production, I'm trying to pick pouches that will suite all needs USPSA and IDPA. This is what I'm thinking of trying to order before tomorrow. Give me better ideas if you have them.

Mag pouches

- Blade Tech Revolution with Tek Lok - I may get 1 double and 2 singles. I like the Tek Lok so I don't have to thread on belts.

Magazines

- Mac-Gar Optimum anti-friction magazine, 17 rounder. Get about 3-4 to use practicing and indoor matches (concrete floors) instead of factory mags as well as having extra mags at matches.

I run CR Speed pouches and MecGar 17rd mags.

d4c931ce8d5414b3371916c28dec2ea9.jpg

If you can pass the dowel test, you can swap the adjustment knob to the inside and be IDPA legal too. I just like the CR Speed because they work for a few different mags should I switch platforms

Edited by Quack

I use the same setup as Quack but have tried Ghost mag pouches for 3 Gun. I really like them but not sure they will IDPA legal. They will be fine for USPSA Production. You can get them from Shooters Connection or Ben Stoeger Pro Shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know 1eyed didn't ask this specifically, but I'm looking for a new belt that can be used for both IDPA and USPSA production (I'm also shooting a CZ 75 Shadow). is the CR speed belt you're using legal in production as shown above, and also legal in IDPA just using the inner (or outer) belt?

I have a simple 5.11 belt for IDPA, two CompTac mag pouches, and a CoM holster. For around $90 you can get a blade tech IDPA competition pack with everything but the belt.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/idpa-competition-shooters-pack-c-1_130.html

There are a lot of holsters and mag pouches that could do double duty for both games but taking them on and off a nice competition belt and removing drop offset hangers would be a pain. It's nice to set it and forget it on a double belt.

I've had my Shadow about a week now and shot it for the 3rd time today in a USPSA local match today (got rained out after 4/6 stages). Getting used to the double-action first pull…but had a stage where first shot was a little steel popper about 20 yards away to trigger a swinger. Got it first shot with the DA trigger! I had been shooting Limited/ESP with my XDM, so I was concerned showing up with only 4 magazines with max 10 round limits in Production. Now I'm shopping mag pouches (my XDM & Glock pouches aren't optimal) and extra CZ magazines. Given I can't use some race mag pouches in Production, I'm trying to pick pouches that will suite all needs USPSA and IDPA. This is what I'm thinking of trying to order before tomorrow. Give me better ideas if you have them.

Mag pouches

- Blade Tech Revolution with Tek Lok - I may get 1 double and 2 singles. I like the Tek Lok so I don't have to thread on belts.

Magazines

- Mac-Gar Optimum anti-friction magazine, 17 rounder. Get about 3-4 to use practicing and indoor matches (concrete floors) instead of factory mags as well as having extra mags at matches.

I would recommend that you run 5 mag pouches if shooting production, there will be times you need the sixth mag.

An update on my final decision. I got 5 Blade Tech Revolution with Tec Lok single mag pouches and I'm happy with them. They are not as racy as others, but they should work great for SSP/Production as well as ESP/Limited. I like the adjustability and the Tec Lok. I also got 3 Mac-Gar 17 round mags and they have been great also. Since I'm limited to 10 rounds, I make these my primary mags and make my 4 original 18 round mags as backup.