Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 H141 bases in Australia

niroth81

I have done everything I can to try and find these things here down under and it just doesn't seem like they exist. The listed importer has told me they are impossible to get here. I did contact F & K Sport Sweden and they advised that they could ship to Australia though it wouldn't be cheap, but they don't list the new 2012 versions, just the older ones with the screw.

Surely someone can help me out. There has to be someone that knows where I might be able to get these things without having to give my first born child as payment.

Yep you are correct 10 round mag limit in all divisions, all handguns. The mag bases won't increase the limit of our mags though, because all the Aussie mags have dimples in them that stop the followers going down further than 10 rounds.

yeah unfortunately PBA imports is basically the only place in aus that stocks henning parts. he has not got any new henning stock for a long time.

and yes they are perfectly legal. they do not change the capacity on tanfoglio mags limited to 10 rounds. they are still 10 round mags even with the bases...

Yep, and the US 10rd mags have the same dimples. Just sent some to my brother in Australia.

I am assuming you want the bases to use with guns that have large mag wells?

If so, why not just screw and glue some delrin extensions onto the bottom of the existing floor plates?

Just drill a hole through the middle so you can still depress the floor plate retainer in to disassemble the mags.

Heck of a lot cheaper than getting an externsion that doesn't otherwise gain you anything....

Mick

you are right Mick, that's what most people do here for their open tanfoglio's. make their own extension out of delrin or even alluminium, stick it to the standard alloy base with a hole drilled through so you can pop up the lock plate.

it's just a bit nicer to have the 'right' thing for the job though and at least with the henning pads you can get rid of the lock plates. they are easy to get on and off too. :)