Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maryland and its laws

im thinking of moving to Maryland from Florida can i bring all my IPSC stuff there with no hassle? im talking about open gun,shot gun ,AR's do they even have a carry permit? i have a Florida CCW permit ...thanks :D

Unfortunately, I live and Maryland. You can bring all your stuff with you, no worries, it's just that buying new stuff once you're here can get a little pesky. As Rob stated, carry permits are another matter as well. MD is not a "shall issue" state and the application process is a hassel. Since we've gotten Gov. Ehrlich (Republican) things have been a little better for gun owners though. You should be able to get your carry permit here if you articulate your purpose well. Hope this helps and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...

Regards,

Todd

Welcome to liberal, gun hating hell. Gov. Ehrlich is helping, but former liberal Gov. Glendenning snuck in a bunch of anti-gun laws in his last months of office. You can't legally buy a magazine holding more than 20 rounds. Which sucks if your trying to guy open mags. Where are your moving to anyway?

From today's Washington Post (www.washingtonpost.com full link below)

"A Maryland law requiring state police to collect ballistics data on every handgun sold in the state is ineffective and expensive and should be repealed, according to a report by the Maryland State Police."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2005Jan17.html

As Turtle points out, things are better under the Republican governor. As for an MD CCW, make sure that you have a documented threat against your life or documented proof that you routinely carry very large amounts of cash/pharmaceuticals & its possible. Do nto bother submitting your CCW from other states; MD simply does not care about that. For the average citizen who simply wants a CCW for personal defense, it is possible but be prepared for it to take upwards of 2 years. Just file & take the initial rejection, appeal it to the Board (you WILL lose) & then file a lawsuit to have it heard in the State courts. After that, they should relent & issue the permit though they usually place restrictions on it.

Alternatively, if you hold a high position in the State government, permits seem easier to obtain & without the restrictions to which commoners are subject.

I am thankful to live & work in Virginia now.

D.