Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight cut details

SanderW

Hi all,

This is probably a relly basic question, I have a Para P18.9 and am looking at a Brazos Micro dot front sight. The obvious problem is that the Brazos is only available in Kimber/Novak and STI/SV.

So, where would I find details of all the various sight cuts? Surely this info should be easy to come by?

Thanks!

Sander

I was told by one sight company that Para uses too many different sight cuts so they can't supply sights for Paras. I would send or take the slide to a qualified gs and have him/her measure it for you so that you can be sure what you need.

FWIW

Richard

Novak dovetail is .49" wide at the bottom. If you have a good set of precision calipers measure it.

db5e13d2f075f06bffff8664ffffe41e.JPG

Uh...I think he's talking about the front sight. :unsure:

My apologies. Somehow I missed the word front in his post. This should get you on track:

1911%2520F%2520sight%2520sizes.JPG?gl=US

Hi all,

Thanks Dranoel, that little table is exactly what I was looking for. I can measure the slide, but now at least I have an idea what people are selling as a "Novak" or whatever.

I am curently running a Dawson and am not in any rush to change, but I do like the look of the Micro Dot and may eventually try one.

Thanks guys,

Sander