Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need cmore screws

ipscjoe

I am changing my upright cmore to a single side mount and want to find some button headed screws to just put in the extra holes. Can't stand to stare at open holes in a frame. Does anyone know where to find some screws preferably stainless?

Also what thread pattern are they?

Thanks.

5-40 is an odd thread, and most local hardware stores are NOT going to carry them.

You may need to contact someone like Grainger. I got a box of 100 countersunk hex-head 5-40 screws from them for lless than what it would have cost for 10 from Shooter's Connection.

I go here.....

http://www.ccbstn.com/

in Nashville. They have everything I have needed over 20 years of making fixing weird things.

(Just got new pan head screws for my cheely frame mount) 10 of them I asked how much and he said no charge. I gave him 5 bucks (toward their xmas fund I told him)cause where else would you go??

You probably have a similar supplier in your town.

Another good source is www.mcmaster.com - they have huge selection.

Like here:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#pan-head-machine-screws/=t2tmbs

Problem is - there is limited thickness to the frame there, you will most likely have to shorten the screws, and then they mighty not totally bottom down, with their heads flat against the frame, as there is no perfect thread all the way to the head.

Bottom line - I tried that at one point... then simply lived with holes.

Edited by Foxbat

I used to be into radio controlled cars (like the high dollar fast ones) and they sell titanium, stainless, carbon, and anodized aluminum screws and screw kits. Most are metric, but companies like Losi and Team Associated still run standard. Just google rc screws and you will see a bunch. eBay will be your friend... just search 5-40 screws in the toys and hobbies section. The anodized aluminum varieties are sweet and lend themselves available to be a welcome addition to a flashy open gun! Enjoy!

post-6330-0-71751900-1407212112_thumb.jp

Edited by whip