Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Tennessee Section Championship

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up where we stand with recognizing divisions and such.

If you are wanting to order a t-shirt, will need to get your app and/or additional order to us VERY soon. Bill is preparing the order this week.

Also - we are 2 short in recognizing revolver and 5 short in recognizing single stack.......to repeat, must have 10 people for a division to be recognized.

http://www.tnsection.com/2014state/2014state.htm

Thanks.....bg

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up where we stand with recognizing divisions and such.

If you are wanting to order a t-shirt, will need to get your app and/or additional order to us VERY soon. Bill is preparing the order this week.

Also - we are 2 short in recognizing revolver and 5 short in recognizing single stack.......to repeat, must have 10 people for a division to be recognized.

http://www.tnsection.com/2014state/2014state.htm

Thanks.....bg

Brad, is this still a level 2 match?

Why 10 per division then? Rule book recommends a minimum of 5 per division to be recognized at a level 2.

We do not want minimum competition. For many years, the TN match has operated under the belief that if a division cannot get 10 people in it, then that division did not meet our threshold of a section championship title.

I suspect that is the same reasoning why Level 3 matches require 10 people per division. Bottom line, the TN match has always operated with higher standards.

While I respect that I wholeheartedly disagree. You can have 10 D class shooters show up and be awarded a "champion" yet current 3 of the 8 revo shooters are master class. With one more possible. That's more than most level 2 matches get so I think you'll have a decent level of competition in our small division. I know of 2 more revolvers that say they are going to sign up so we should have our 10.

• 3 weeks later...

Lunch for this years match will be available Friday and Saturday.

Hamburger/cheeseburger $4

Hotdog $3

Chips$1

Soft drinks $1

Bottle water $1

Candy bar $1

Fresh squeezed lemonade $2/reduced cost of refills

All precedes benefit the Tipton County Scholastic Pistol Team

Stand will be open 10:30-2:00 on Friday & Saturday.