Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First IDPA Match

Wesquire

I did my first IDPA match last week, did pretty good the first stage, only 4 points down, I fell apart the next 3 due to what I think are strange IDPA rules, tac reloads, both feet planted while reloading, IMHO could get someone killed in real world life or death situations, at least I didn't have to wear a silly cover vest due to it being 100 outside, I'm going to try it again next week before I make my decision to not partake in it

I agree. The shoot on the move thing bites me and I don't get it. I'm no combat expert but it seems to me you should shoot or run, but not both.

People in the match move their feet so slow, a sloth could catch em easily.

I guess it's sort of an exercise in thinking under duress, but trying to neutralize a threat while walking backward in slow motion seems like a very bad habit to get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my first IDPA match last week, did pretty good the first stage, only 4 points down, I fell apart the next 3 due to what I think are strange IDPA rules, tac reloads, both feet planted while reloading, IMHO could get someone killed in real world life or death situations, at least I didn't have to wear a silly cover vest due to it being 100 outside, I'm going to try it again next week before I make my decision to not partake in it

I agree. The shoot on the move thing bites me and I don't get it. I'm no combat expert but it seems to me you should shoot or run, but not both.

People in the match move their feet so slow, a sloth could catch em easily.

I guess it's sort of an exercise in thinking under duress, but trying to neutralize a threat while walking backward in slow motion seems like a very bad habit to get into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure there's situations where shooting on the move would be worth it, not that I want to encourage any type of tactical crossover from the sport. I think you are spot on that if you are moving like a sloth while shooting, you are being counterproductive though. Edited by Wesquire