Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W No Longer Selling Parts to Parts Suppliers?

Trident

OK, I have been scouring the country trying to find a MP "H" stamped trigger bar as mine broke so no matches or anything for me. In doing so I have found that not only are trigger bars nonexistent but most all parts suppliers are out of almost all MP parts even ones that you never hear of breaking or wearing out. Seems odd.....

So, for the third time I called S&W and inquired about a trigger bar and was again told that they were oh-of-stock and that all parts were going towards production. I asked if they knew of any parts suppliers that may have one, and I made mentioned that "I guess I had to keep an eye out with Brownell's or Midway" and was told that I would be waiting a long time as S&W was no longer filling any orders for them.

In addition, the S&W rep said that corporate had made a recent change in that they will no longer be filling any parts orders for mail order and other " parts suppliers" as they want to require everyone to return their guns to S&W for repair and upgrades.

As with most statements company people make, who knows,..... YMMV.

Call back tell them you want your gun fixed under the warranty. They might not send you the trigger bar (cheapest and easiest route all around) and you might have to send your gun to them but it beats a M&P paperweight.

Call back tell them you want your gun fixed under the warranty. They might not send you the trigger bar (cheapest and easiest route all around) and you might have to send your gun to them but it beats a M&P paperweight.

I would also recommend keeping a spare gun. That way if S&W has to sit on it for 3 months, you've got something to compete with.

Yea, all of the about answers are not good solutions, the ability to get parts from vendors like Brownells, Midway, SSS, or others is/was the best part of having a S&W pistol.

Waiting on them to "resolve" an issue with a pistol that is "tuned" for shooting USPSA, IDPA, or 3GUN to the shooter and having them "reset" it back to factory, or choose not to cover the repair because of the "modification" would be a giant suck and waste of time and shipping costs.

I am not sure what S&W is going for with this change in direction but it can't be based on customer feedback.