Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need mid level 3 gun scope

Dchi

I just got this Primary Arms 1-6 and mounted it on this recon 308. I really like the reticle better than some other scopes that cost more. I'm looking forward to shooting this weekend and writing it out.

imagejpg1_zps22e18e12.jpg

What about a bushnell elite tactical 1-6.5x? A guy wants to sell me used one for $650.

I got one for my HTO rifle and liked it so much I bought a 2nd one for my TO rifle. Mine are 2FP and the reticle is visible and clear. I only turn on the illumination in the shadows or cloudy/dark backgrounds. Otherwise, the black reticle is easy to pick up.

For $650 it's a great deal. The best deal I got on a new one was just under $1100.

FYI- a shooting buddy has a Swaro Z6i and the same Bushnell 1-6.5 I have. He said if he had to do it over, he would have bought two of the Bushnells. He said the Swaro isn't worth double the Bushy price.

Craig

Edited by spd522

What did you not like about the bushnell tactical 1-6.5? I thought it would be better than the Burris xtr2 1-5. Although the Burris would seem to fit my needs. Absolutely no on any 1.5x scopes. Been shooting 2 eyes open pistol for 20 years. Can't stand the slight magnification in one eye over the other.

Mine was first focal plane and the reticle disappeared completely at 1x when trying to shoot fast. Illumination wasn't daylight bright. The scope didn't "disappear" at 1x when you went to start shooting like how my Vortex does. I always "saw" the tube when shooting if that makes sense.

I got the SFP model and had the same problem with the scope not "disappearing" at 1X. After a few trips to the range, I figured out I needed to adjust the diopter more and the problem went away. I'm really pleased with the scope now. Glass is great, I love the turrets and the scope feels like it is ready to take a bunch of abuse.

Just my.02

-Shaky

• 1 month later...