Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

930 Fixes

OscarMike

Hey all. I was having some major issues with my 930JM. Double feeds, jams, shells shooting out the loading gate... No bueno.

See summary at bottom if you're ADD like me.

I followed everyone's advice and polished the shell catch tip and it didn't help me at all. Okay... Maybe a little less frequent double feeds, but still... It was super unreliable.

I then noticed that my lifter was cockeyed.

I removed the lifter, and noticed there was a burr on the lifter where it contacts the shell release, and there was a burr on the shell release as well.

I used 600 grit sand paper to polish out the burrs, and smooth the surfaces that contact between the lifter and shell/bolt release.

I then bent the lifter ears to straighten the lifter out in the loading gate.

I put it all back together, and went and fired it. Worked great! Mostly. I still had double feeds, and shells pop out the bottom. But not nearly as frequently.

I've been using SafariLand Break Free CLP, which I've used for years, and love. I've been hearing wonderful things about Hornady's OneShot CLP, so I recently changed over.

I took the entire gun apart, and cleaned all of the old CLP off, and changed over to OneShot CLP which is a very dry non-petrol based product.

Now, the Shotgun is Running like a top!

Summary:

*polish shell release tip like the brownell's DIY thread

*Straighten lifter

*Check for burrs where lifter and shell release contact

*try a different lube

Hope I helped at least one person!

Oscar I want to let you know what I did. I took Jesse's and Pats advice and sold my JM pro on arms list and bought me a Stoeger M3000 and never looked back. The real ironic thing about me selling my JM pro is this past weekend I went to a local 3 gun match and the guy that purchased my JM pro was there with it. Later on in the day I caught up with him at a stage and asked him how was gun shooting, he replied it wasn't the retAing pin the holds the shell catch came out along with the pin. My first thought was " FUUUUUU$$" I felt really bad that gun messed up on him and then second thought was glAd I don't have a JM anymore. Just my 2 cents good luck with your JM if you decide to keep it, the great thing about my Stoeger is I feel a lot more confident shooting it because it is so much more reliable.

We had 3 running at our last 3 Gun Match. We had 2 malfunctions with a 930 JM. The same gun ripped through a rim twice on a Winchester bulk pak shell. I do not believe he has had any issues with Federal Bulk Pak ammunition after that. We should have 5 running at our next match.

We have 6 shooters with 930's at our range that I know of. Three are the JM versions, Two are Breachers, and a Tactical 18 with sights. So far all are running fine.

Bob R

We had 3 running at our last 3 Gun Match. We had 2 malfunctions with a 930 JM. The same gun ripped through a rim twice on a Winchester bulk pak shell. I do not believe he has had any issues with Federal Bulk Pak ammunition after that. We should have 5 running at our next match.

We have 6 shooters with 930's at our range that I know of. Three are the JM versions, Two are Breachers, and a Tactical 18 with sights. So far all are running fine.

Bob R

There's the problem. Those shell will jam in a single shot. Its a rare gun that will function them.

I will second what guncat said. I first took my JM out with winchester white box and was ready to sell it then. Part of my JM not working was my fault too. I'm horrible about not cleaning my gear good enough. Took it all apart, soaked everything, took the spring washers or whatever you call them off the piston and reassembled and mine runs like a champ. I'm using herters low brass and it mows through them like butter. The white box would stick in my chamber like crazy. Extractor even tore some of the lips off because they were stuck so bad. My gunsmith friend told me to use some of the finest steel wool and cross hatch the chamber. It still jammed.

Also had the lifter welded by a local shot so no more biting my thumb either!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk