Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg 930 Pro Series

Hey guys,

I recently bought this mossberg and have about 400 rounds through it. Everything went good till about a week ago. I had to polish where the mag extension and original magazine? meet because of the spring getting caught on it. Then because of that (I think) the mag spring got bent somehow and was getting tangled in the mag so no pressure was getting to the rounds in the magazine with about 4 or 5 rounds left. So I ordered a new nordic mag spring. I cut it down to 16 inches first but it was way to strong so I cut it down to 14. Everything is fine except that when I load the mag full (9 rounds) then pull back the charging handle it won't chamber the first round. I have saw someone else post this same problem but couldnt find the post. I didn't think that this would be a issue with the spring being to long right?

Thanks for all your help guys,

I'm pulling back till it engages the lock to lock it back. Its acting as if there is no shells in the magazine.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

So its locking the action open? With rounds in the tube?

• 1 month later...

The stock shell release is sensitive to the mag tube spring weight. If it is too light or too heavy the shell will have too much friction or normal force on the shell release.

I have been working on my 930 PF for years and finally fixed the geometry of the shell release so it does not have the such sensitivity to the tube spring.

Currently running Nordic 12 Round tube with 45" Wolf 12 Gauge tube spring ( no cutting). Light enough for strong hand quad loads. Tested the Mossberg stock spring for 12 round Mag Tube and Nordic spring cut to 12in above the tube end, all worked.

All comes down to physics and geometry :-)

Working on lightening the bolt-carrier and action now for lighter loads.

Bruce