Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing pin bushing and frame damage

56hawk

Bought a new 329 Nightguard over a year ago. Took it to the range a couple times and then noticed this:

329_zps99a37e78.jpg

Took it back to the gun store I bought it from and he sent it back to Smith & Wesson. They were suppose to replace the frame, but I just got it back from them and nothing was done. Kind of wondering what I should do at this point. Does anyone make and fit an oversize bushing? Any other way to fix this?

That looks BAD! I have flame cut several bushings with brass with loose primer pockets but it never affected the frame at all. I would send that back to Smith. I don't think there is any fixing that. Sorry man.

I would recommend sending the gun back to the factory yourself, with a letter that specifically identifies the problem. Your gun dealer may not have explained the issue well enough.

In my experience, S&W fixes these problems by replacing the damaged parts. But, perhaps they are starting to take a stand and not provide warranty repairs for firearms that are damaged by faulty handloaded ammunition.

Does the cylinder have excessive endsake?

Looks like it is battering against the recoil shield.

It also looks like the scandium aluminum frame just wasn't up to the job.

Hard to believe SW would look at that and decide it doesn't need fixing.

Edited by bountyhunter