Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New G17!

Aiden

Long story short, back to shooting a Glock.

Having previously owned a Gen 3 and deciding it wasn't for me, I held a Gen 4 G17 for the first time a couple weeks ago...I couldn't get over how much I liked it! I could actually reach the mag release without shifting the grip, and every time I raised the gun the sights just lined up perfectly. And the trigger felt a lot better than I remembered, even in factory configuration.

Managed to put it away and walked out. Then last week I ended back up in the shop, saw the same Glock sitting there, and bought it...

llM4EIDl.jpg?1

Has the Glock night sights, can't decide if I'll swap em over to Warrens or not. Can't wait to shoot it!

Awesome! I bought a gen 4 glock 19 for CCW and that quickly turned into a glock 17, 34 and recently glock 35. My 19 has speed sights on them but the rest have dawson fiber optics......

If your 17 is for CCW or home defense check out the speed sights. I have the night sight version.

www.speedsights.com

Edited by 3djedi

I started with a G23 Gen 3 but it was too big for my hands. Sold it and bought a G17 Gen 4. Fits my hand much better and I can reach the mag release like you said. I now use mine for USPSA Production. Installed Ghost Edge trigger kit and Dawson Precision competition FO front sight and black rear sight. 3,000+ rounds without a hiccup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I'm gonna keep this one close to stock, maybe polish up the internals but otherwise factory parts. I have a habit of upgrading parts from the start without really spending a lot of time in factory configuration.

Could turn this into a nightstand gun... still have an XD-9 Tactical I can use for gaming.