Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Still have some POA/POI problem with the Benelli =(

Alright, for those that have been following the saga the Benelli M2 is back online!

Here is a little update since the last time:

- Magazine is back and seated properly... Anyone in the ATL area looking for a real gunsmith go and talk to Bill Hayllar, he is the gunsmith for Chuck (downtown atl). His shop is located in Sandy Spring, AND HE IS THE MAN!

A real gunsmith with real experience, for the past years or so I have been dealing with "dremel gunsmiths" that just had their pubes.

- Taran Tactical Extended Bolt Release has also been installed, guys get it done by someone that knows whats going on, Bill was telling me horror stories with that particular mod

Here she is!

Now... On to my little hitting problem, this is a target that I shot at the range:

Top right: Free hand, IM, 10 yrd, bead on target, fiocchi 1oz low recoil slug, Benelli shim: C-DX, CDX plate writing facing recoil pad.

1 Shot, about 1/2" high.

Top left: Free hand, IM, 25 yrd, bead on target, fiocchi 1oz low recoil slug, Benelli shim: C-DX, CDX plate writing facing recoil pad.

inconclusive the indian sucks at 25 yrd free hand lol.

Center: Benched, IM, 25 yrd, bead on target, fiocchi 1oz low recoil slug, Benelli shim: C-DX, CDX plate writing facing recoil pad.

2 shots, 4" high, 3" left.

Bottom left: Benched, IM, 25 yrd, bead on target, fiocchi 1oz low recoil slug, Benelli shim: C-DX, CDX plate writing facing recoil pad.

1 shots, 4" high, 3" left.

Bottom right: Benched, IM, 25 yrd, bead on target, fiocchi 1oz low recoil slug, Benelli shim: C-DX, CDX plate writing facing recoil pad.

1 shots, 4" high, 2.5" left.

Solutions?

I think I can solve the shooting high problem with the hi viz compsight + the hi viz 2 dot rear.

Should I be concerned about the shooting left problem? Is it the Indian? Or is the Fine Italian Bow screwed up?!

post-53662-0-19291000-1399846156_thumb.j

post-53662-0-52274200-1399846408_thumb.j

Edited by YellowShooter

The M2 has a stock shim setup that can help with drop and cast to get it on target. If it was new, you should have the shims and the steel plates in the package. If you have to add a lot of cast, as I did, it gets a bit more complicated but I figured it out. If you're using a barrel/mag tube clamp, take it off and see if the gun hits differently. Assume since you are saying your gunsmith reseated the magazine tube as Kurt Miller talks about, so it really shouldn't be your problem, but worth a check.

The M2 has a stock shim setup that can help with drop and cast to get it on target. If it was new, you should have the shims and the steel plates in the package. If you have to add a lot of cast, as I did, it gets a bit more complicated but I figured it out. If you're using a barrel/mag tube clamp, take it off and see if the gun hits differently. Assume since you are saying your gunsmith reseated the magazine tube as Kurt Miller talks about, so it really shouldn't be your problem, but worth a check.

Yea... I messed around with the shim kit a bit and after some research the "C" is the one that suppose to drop the shot.

I hit anything dead on if I do a 6 o'clock hold, but I am really trying to get away from that.

Now, I have ordered the hiviz front sight, it's a little taller might drop the shot a bit. As far as it shooting left... It might be the Indian so to be safe I also got some hiviz rears.

Once I get everything I'll play with the shim some more, also I am trying to get the raised comfortech comb but everyone is out of stock!

Additionally I have contacted benelli and have been informed that if the gun with a full choke with some 7.5 do not shoot more then 5" high or low and 2" left or right at 25 yards is considered to be within tolerances.

I'm pretty sure we can say that the mag tube is seated, but "properly" might be in question. two things come to mind. The tube isn't square to the receiver, or your bench rest is throwing you off. when benching a shotgun you must hold it in your hands like when you are shooting without the bench. you can rest you hand on something, but you can't just throw the fore end down on a bag or rest as POI will shift. for slugs you should be running a 50 yard zero at least, so what it does at that range is much more important to figuring out if it is the arrow or the archer.

I'm pretty sure we can say that the mag tube is seated, but "properly" might be in question. two things come to mind. The tube isn't square to the receiver, or your bench rest is throwing you off. when benching a shotgun you must hold it in your hands like when you are shooting without the bench. you can rest you hand on something, but you can't just throw the fore end down on a bag or rest as POI will shift. for slugs you should be running a 50 yard zero at least, so what it does at that range is much more important to figuring out if it is the arrow or the archer.

Oooooh I didn't know that!

I benched it like a rifle, let's try again with that in mind!

If all else fails... I'll talk to RAS ;)