Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reloading for a glock 35?

3djedi

I keep hearing that glocks have unsupported chambers and are somewhat dangerous to handload for. Is this true for the gen 4's as well? Looks about as supported as anything else......

I use mixed brass, berrys plated 180g, CFE pistol loaded to about 175PF

I haven't tried any yet through the glock. Just thought I'd check with what you guys think before I fired any off. I can't imagine it being a problem unless it was through negligence of a double charge or something.....

post-48839-0-89361200-1399762372_thumb.j

Also, how long do you think I can get away with loading for a 35? I also have an sti executive and was hoping to come up with a round that will work in both the sti and the glock. I think most people use 1.135 oal for glock but I was hoping to go out to 1.150 or so......

You can search here or any forum and get a ton of varying opinions on shooting lead and/or plated bullets from a stock Glock barrel. I will leave that one alone as I shoot my major loads from a BarSto barrel.

As far as OAL- 1.135 is max. You "might" get away with slightly more if you are only loading 10 rounds in a mag like L10 or Production but try and go any more and the rounds will stick in the mag and lead to lots of clicks. I once tried "just a bit more" and had it happen all through a match until I realized it and loaded only 10 rounds for the rest.

The only time you will get a KaBoom is due to negligence while reloading. The factory glock barrels are looser fitting which gives the brass the famous glock bulge. The unsupported chambers were remedied with the gen3 models.

Just start low and work up for the glock. If you find something that works for both your 35 and STI great. If not then so be it.

I load to 1.150" and run 25(40sw) in my big sticks with no issues. This was due to a particular bullet not feeding well at the standard 1.135". I think when you get over 1.160" you run into mag issues.

The issue with factory glock barrels is shooting lead. Stick with plated or jacketed and you'll be fine. The oal is limited by the mag. Glock mags limit out at about 1.160. I load to 1.155 with no issues given the right bullet profile. I shoot jhp's and since I have a kkm barrel, lead trc bullets.

When I was shooting the Glock 24 for Limited I had no issues loading out to 1.150 - chambered reliably and and I could get 20 rounds in the mag with Dawson pads (they were tight so I ran 19 for all mags after the start).

I opened up a thread about a month pretty much the same as this one, gen 4 35 also.

I tried bayou 180 and 200 with wsf powder. I loaded the 200s to 1.150 cus its longer than the 180s, and I tried around 30rds and they all shot fine.

I also have a couple questions

For the 200s I used .3 gr less than on the 180s, I didn't notice any difference shooting between the 2. Do u guys notice any difference? Which one u guys like more?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

1.135" will run fine.

I run 180 gr Berry's (Zero & SnS casting) over 5.3gr UNIQUE and 1.135". These run great in my: Glock 35 w/ Lone Wolf & stock barrel, Glock 22 w/ KKM & stock barrel, Para P16-40, and Springer Loaded 1911-A1 single stack. One load that works for all.....

If you have "Glocked" brass and you are reloading....get an EGW U-Die (undersized die) for your first station. It'll de-cap/prime/re-size and you'll be fine. I run one in my Dillon 550b and I have ALOT of .40 brass from Glocks....never a problem in any of the above guns...

Z-